The Realm of Edrae

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Journey to a world of wonder, where great evil lurks just below the surface.

4 posters

Liberties in the story

Corsario
    Corsario

Liberties in the story Empty Liberties in the story

Post  Corsario Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:43 pm

In my latest post, and in spirit of forwarding the story, I would have liked to write a scene of Basilius bumping into Karina (comic stuff, you know).

But I don't know how much can we intrude into the DM telling, or the others player's characters.

So, my question... How much is too much?
    Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Liberties in the story Empty Re: Liberties in the story

Post  Cold Steel Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:47 pm

I don't really mind as long as it does not contradict the spoilers the admin had posted before.

So bump away but watch those hands. Suspect
    Corsario
    Corsario

Post  Corsario Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:50 pm

Cold Steel wrote:So bump away but watch those hands. Suspect

Boring!!! Razz

Remember Basilius is just a teen! His hands are (almost) all he has Laughing
    Estelli
    Estelli

Post  Estelli Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:05 pm

Remember that hands can easily be severed :p
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:22 pm

It's fine. Rest assured you have complete control of your character, so bumping into a person isn't a big deal (unless it makes the other player uncomfortable for some reason). You're also free to move around as you wish despite my guidance. If your character lost interest in the old cleric and decided to explore the prison instead, I wouldn't stop you and would instead adjust the story accordingly.

My only problem with your post is that you took control of the old cleric. Well, at least it seems like you did.

Please don't do this. Stick to roleplaying as your character unless otherwise stated.

Wouldn't be much of a game master if players could just randomly control my NPCs actions, behaviors and personalities, now would I? Wink
    Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Post  Cold Steel Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:48 pm

I was not aware that i controlled the cleric. All i did was followed him almost to the other end of the hall and to the B tower and asked him a few questions before bumped by the knight. pale

Last edited by Cold Steel on Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Corsario
    Corsario

Post  Corsario Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:49 pm

Admin wrote:My only problem with your post is that you took control of the old cleric. Well, at least it seems like you did.

Wasn't trying to. When I referrer to the "cleric" eyes I was talking about Karina's.

Thanks, your answer gives us a lot of room to play. I promise to be careful.
    Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Post  Cold Steel Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:55 pm

Corsario wrote:
    Admin wrote:My only problem with your post is that you took control of the old cleric. Well, at least it seems like you did.

Wasn't trying to. When I referrer to the "cleric" eyes I was talking about Karina's.

Thanks, your answer gives us a lot of room to play. I promise to be careful.

Well the fact that he referred the cleric as beautiful was a definite clue that he was not talking about the old and toothless Balthan! Shocked
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:59 pm

Ah, the confusion!

My mistake. I was referring to Corsario's post, not yours Cold Steel. And clearly I was mistaken.

It's certainly fine to roleplay amongst yourselves, by the way. I'm thinking about making another forum for roleplay like friendly player vs player spars, shopping, tavern-hopping and stuff that doesn't necessarily require a DM around (as the dice rolling is done by a bot). Stuff that doesn't affect the main storyline, basically.

So if you want to roleplay getting drunk in a bar with another player and then getting into a fist fight with them, that would be the forum to go to.

That would allow something to do while I'm not around.

... Yeah, I'm gonna make the forum right now, with a thread explaining it a little more in detail.

/rambling

Corsario
    Corsario

Liberties in the story Empty Good idea

Post  Corsario Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:18 pm

Admin wrote:So if you want to roleplay getting drunk in a bar with another player and then getting into a fist fight with them, that would be the forum to go to.

That would allow something to do while I'm not around.
    Good idea, we will just need the opportunity, places in the adventure when you gave us the opportunity (the "camping for the night" you said earlier.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:03 am